In This Course:
- Accessing and Purifying Water During an Emergency
- Ways In Collecting Water
- Defining Purification
- Methods of Purifying Water
- Loch Ness Monster And Other Water Myths
- Myth 1: Water must be boiled for a minimum of 10 minutes to disinfect it.
- Myth 2: Cactus plants are a good source of water.
- Myth 3: Running water is always safe drinking water.
- Myth 4: Drinking a little saltwater is okay.
- Myth 5: You can store plastic bottles of water anywhere in the garage or basement.
- Myth 6: You are already dehydrated when you feel thirsty.
- Myth 7: Only water hydrates the body.
- Myth 8: Water can go stale.
- Myth 9: Drinking alcohol, which has water, is a good way to warm the body.
- Myth 10: Clear water from high elevations is safe to drink.