Episode #8: Physical Fitness and Conditioning for Self-Defense
In this podcast you'll find:
With guest Dr. Brian Jones
If you remember the first time you held a gun, you must have felt its weight. But as you practiced more and more, you became used to its weight and moved on to bigger guns. Now as a gun enthusiast, it’s also very important to have the right physical fitness to be able to hold your gun and defend yourself properly.
Q and A
- 0:50 A background on Dr. Jones
- 2:05 What is your opinion in starting getting in shape for self defense?
- 3:11 The difference between aerobic activity and anaerobic activity.
- 6:15 What’s an average tactical person to do to start getting more fit physically?
- 10:37 Why it’s important to be more mobile rather than flexible
- 16:03 If somebody is overweight, how can diet and nutrition come in?
- 21:49 Getting into the habit of drinking water.
- 27:34 The role of salt in balancing electrolytes.
- 31:48 Martial Arts training to help with shooting skills.
- 36:54 The best solution after getting an injury during a training.